MUMC’s LifeForce Youth meets year round most Sunday evenings from 6:00 – 7:30 PM with special fellowship events and mission trips in the mix.
The primary purpose of LifeForce Youth is building relationships; between youth and God, between youth and church, between youth and youth, and between youth and the world. Activities are always varied, including lock-ins, retreats, mission projects of all kinds, fund-raising activities, fellowship opportunities, and Bible study, just to name a few. For constant updates and activities be sure to like LifeForce Youth on facebook https://www.facebook.com/lifeforceyouth and sign up for our Remind updates.
- Sunday Night Youth Fellowship – Every Sunday night from 6-7:30 pm join us for games, prayer, music, & a faith message and discussion. We meet in the church Social Hall and all are welcome. (We meet every Sunday except important Sundays like Mother’s & Father’s Day and other special scheduled events.)
- Monday Night Small Group 6-7:30 p.m. – during the school year meet in Room 204S This group is open to those youth 6th – 12th grades seeking a deeper relationship with Christ. We dive deeper into our faith and share how we can make God’s intention for our lives real. Contact PastorBeth@mtownumc.org for more information.
- Confirmation – is a fun, faith exploration experience designed to give students a solid knowledge of scripture, an understanding of the theological content of the faith and, most importantly, how to participate in the life of a religious community. Contact PastorBeth@mtownumc.org for more information.
- Sunday School – We know that bible study is a staple spiritual formation practice, Sunday school is a great place to learn and grow. It is our hope that the pairing of Sunday school and Sunday worship will foster faith centered conversation in your family for the week to come.
- Middle School – Sundays at 9:45 am Mr. Steve’s (firstname.lastname@example.org) class meets in Room 204S AT 9:45 a.m.
- High School – Meets monthly on the 1st Sunday at 11 a.m. in Room 204S with Ms. Huffer (email@example.com). ALL other Sunday’s the High School students worship together or with their families in the 9:45 service.
- FISH (Fellowship in Serving Him) – Throughout the year and especially the summer months our youth will go out on one day mission projects such as packing fair trade goods at SERRV, or working with the Rescue Mission. For more information about FISH contact Mrs. Tice. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fuel Worship Team – All youth interested in playing, singing or serving on the youth praise team are invited to practice Sundays at 1 p.m. for musicians. If you are an instrumentalist or singer contact Noah Denier (email@example.com) to join in rehearsals. If you are interested in serving in worship contact PastorBeth@mtownumc.org
- Youth Choirs – meet on Monday evenings during the school year. Contact Pam Mathews at 301-371-5550 x25 (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about music programs for youth.
For more information about any of our youth ministry offerings feel free to contact our Youth Director Beth Tice @ email@example.com or Pastor Beth Hutton @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up for Remind and receive all the most current announcements!
Parents & Youth Workers
We are always in need of volunteers to help us with games, lessons, and just presence alone. Please feel free to join us any evening you like. Please contact Pastor Beth or Mrs. Tice if you would like to help lead a game, help facilitate a lesson or share music and prayer.
Emergency Forms & Medication – To participate in Youth Ministry events at Middletown UMC all youth are required to have a current Emergency Form filled out and on file so that in the unlikely event of an emergency we can make sure the student is cared for. We also ask that for medications, especially controlled substances, a Medication Form be filled out and submitted with the medication in the original container with the student’s name on the label. Emergency forms need only be completed once and unless information changes we only need an initial annually. Thanks for your cooperation!