We are so excited that your family is interested in summer camp. Every summer MUMC students head off to camp, ranging from the ages of rising 2nd graders through high school. Manidokan even offers a Family Camp for the whole family. Manidokan is a beautiful camp right in our very own backyard in Knoxville, Maryland. Less that 20 miles from Middletown. If this is the very first time your student will be going to sleep away camp you can rest assured that they are close enough and they will have friends from their very own Sunday School Classes at the same camp. MUMC is currently collecting campership funds to help all our families offset the cost of camp. Last year we were able to cut each registration by $100 per student and this year additional camperships have become available so we will be able to do even more. We here at MUMC want to make sure every student desiring to go to camp can go, so if there are any financial hardship issues please don’t hesitate to contact Pastor Beth.
Here are the steps to register…
#1 The two weeks of camp that are primarily attended by students from MUMC are June 25-31 & July 2-7. We have kids attending camp who have just completed 1st grade all the way through some of our high school students. We even have some of our youth on staff at Manidokan.
- June 25 – 31 Middle School “Best Week Ever”
- July 2-7 Adventure Camp for Rising 3-12 grades
- July 5-7 Mini Camp for Rising 2-4
But if your student is interested in attending one of the many other camps offer through Manidokan or West River we hope that you do!
#2 Decide which camp your student is interested in attending and register them through the camp site. http://www.bwccampsandretreats.com
- ONLY pay the $100 deposit (any & all camperships received will be applied to your students account directly from the conference and the church.)
- Pick up a campership form in the church lobby – complete and return to the church office by April 15th
- Make sure you record that you are from Middletown UMC on your registration
Contact Pastor Beth if you have any questions or concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org